2019 is almost here. As 2018 comes to an end, we look back at the year gone by. At LeftWord Books, we published 10 new titles. You can read about our books in 2018 here. This is also the time when people come up with their lists of ‘best or worst’ things in a year. We followed the trend and asked people in our staff to name their three favorite books from the ones that they read in 2018. Although, the ground rules in other lists emphasize that books in the list must be published in the year they are being named but, for the sake of sanity of the minds of people in our staff who already must have been perturbed by this unusual question, we let go of such ground rules. Here is the list in no particular order. You can click on the book cover to go to the publisher-page of the book.
1. Our Web Editor Purbasha Sarkar‘s three favorite books
2. Our Chief Editor Vijay Prashad‘s three favorite books
3. Our Hindi editor Shipra Kiran‘s three favorite books
4. Our Marketing Manager Suvendu Mallick‘s three favorite books
5. Our Social-Media Manager Amit Sheokand‘s three favorite books
6. Our Bookstore Manager Sreenath Hussain‘s three favorite books